Saturday, August 7, 2010

Simple Eye Looks

Hey guys as promised, I have decided to blog :) I'm lucky enough to have a 3-day weekend as there was a school pupil-free day (students not permitted to attend) yesterday and today is Saturday. Just a very short blog post about some looks that I've created.

I've never done a FOTD thing before so I guess this can sort of be it..
FOTD = Face of the Day
My first look is a basic smokey-eye look using the colours from an eyeshadow quad

Heavy camera flash


Not as heavy camera flash



It's a silvery look which is not very bold and is borderline smokey. The only really dramatic things about this look are the false lashes and the mascara thickness on the bottom lashes. Other than that I'm sure that this look would be suitable for both day and nigh
t.

Products used:


- Urban Decay Shadow Primer Potion
- Rimmel Colour Rush Quad in 001 Smokey Noir

- NYX Eye/Eyebrow Pencil in 901 Black

- Revlon Eyelash Curler

- Criss-cross false eyelashes

- Duo Waterproof Eyelash Adhesive in Clear-White

- Rimmel Volume Flash Mascara in Extreme Black


This was my first time attempting to do a smokey look with the eyeshadow quad. I used all colours except for the black. The mascara that I used isn't waterproof however, if I were to go out with this look, I would definitely use a waterproof mascara. I did this look without having anywhere to go so I didn't need to use a waterproof mascara :) It would've been harder for me to remove!

I wish I had the Duo eyelash adhesive in dark/black because the white glue doesn't seem to dry completely clear. I bought mine online and the site didn't have a dark glue. If anyone has any idea about where to purchase a dark version of the Duo glue, please let me know.

The idea for my next look came from a double-ended eye pencil with the colours crimson and silver. With this look I added in a few eyeshadows from a palette.

I think this look is a little bit on the fun side as I have used a mix of crimson, pink, purple, grey and silver. Very much on the girlie side. I didn't apply mascara to my bottom lashes because I wanted to keep this look as simple as possible.

Products used:

- Urban Decay Primer Potion

- Eyeshadow palette 'Saint or Sinner' (Colours used have been outlined with a box)

- NYX Eye/Eyebrow Pencil in 901 Black

- BYS Double-Ended Eye Pencil in Crimson and Silver

- Revlon Eyelash Curler

- Simple/natural false eyelashes

- Duo Waterproof Eyelash Adhesive in Clear-White

- Rimmel Volume Flash Mascara in Extreme Black


Below my bottom lashes I have used the silver end of the double-ended eye pencil and winged it out to meet with the crimson liner above my top lashes. These colours complement each other (which is why they are duo for an eye pencil) but when I first saw this pencil I wasn't sure what to do with it, because my other double-ended eye pencils had the same colour on each side but one lighter and one darker i.e. dark blue on one end, light blue on the other. I also lined my inner tear duct with the silver side of the pencil to brighten up my eyes.

As these two looks are very simple, I didn't feel the need to make tutorials. If ever requested, I may consider making a tutorial.

I only experimented with these colours and it allowed me to create these looks :)


Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed this post.

xx Jennifer

8 comments:

  1. I really like your first look!!:D
    It looks great with crisscross lashes!!^-^<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks yumeko!
    yeah i love my criss-cross lashes, they're my favourite ones :D
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. great post ~ really want to try the urban decay primer ~ is it really good?
    lots of luv xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks faye :)
    the urban decay primer potion is great! i really think it's worth the money
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, the lashes look good on you.
    Oh by the way, I love the size of your eyes.
    Mine are very very tiny, typical Asian eyes.
    *sad face*

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi marie :) thank you
    aww don't be sad! i've seen your pics and i don't think your eyes are tiny ^_^" honest~
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Jennifer! I'm so happy we are following each other on Blogger. I'm in love with your false eyelashes. I see, you're having a hard time finding the Duo glue in dark? I see you live in Australia? My aunt lives in Sydney. If you ever want to do a swap I'd be more than happy, because I'd like to try Majolica Majorca Glamour Volume Mascara and we don't carry asian brands near where I live. Nice to meet you!

    -Mara

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I really appreciate your feedback and if there are any questions I'll try my best to reply asap ❤

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...