Saturday, August 21, 2010

PUPA Cosmetics and Priceline Beauty Buys

Hello :)

My previous post was a haul and one of the brands that I talked about was PUPA cosmetics which comes from Italy. Priceline is having a clearance sale of 50% off all PUPA cosmetics. I went to a different Priceline store to which I normally go to and this was Priceline Pharmacy. This was also located in the city but this was my first time going into this one. There are 3 Pricelines in the city which doesn't really surprise me - it is a really popular store!

I'm so glad I decided to go to this particular Priceline, but at first I wasn't glad. I was looking around the whole shop for the PUPA cosmetics and I was so devastated that I couldn't find any on the shelves. I picked up a few things from their catalogue sales and just as I was about to leave the counter, I saw a box to my left... and YAY! Instead of being on the shelves as I expected, the PUPA products were in the box! I bought 3 PUPA cosmetics products. I have an early dismissal on Wednesday so I could go back there and buy more if there's any left haha.


Here are my lovely PUPA things:

I previously bought the the rectangle product which is the Duo Compact Eye Designer that I blogged about in my Haul. I didn't re-purchase

♥ Luminys Velvety Baked Blush in 04
♥ 4Eyes Multi-purpose Eyeshadow Palette in 01
♥ New Chic Intense Colour Lipstick in 05

Closer shots of each product:

It comes with a little brush. The brush isn't very soft and it doesn't smell too good so I choose not to use it when I apply this blush



I don't know about you but it kind of reminds me of MAC's Stereo Rose blush. I have never used it before nor have I ever seen it in front of me but judging by the looks of it online, it looks a bit similar to this. I can't say it's a duplicate so feel free to think otherwise haha.


I love these shades of blue! They are very soft
I shall do a look with these colours some time :)


Love the mirror finish of the tube inside the casing

Speaking of which, there's a mirror inside the casing! How handy is that eh?


It looks quite dark but it's actually lighter

It has a very neutral smell so the product doesn't have that bad lipstick smell. It is quite moist. I like it!


Now onto a few beauty buys at Priceline:

Revlon $4.95 Clearance Sale on selected items
I managed to grab myself a Revlon lip product which was a 'Protective Liptint SPF 15' in 000 Pink Rose.

Sorry my camera doesn't have very good focus. I plan to buy a new one at the end of the year.

So much product in this little tube, how awesome

A very pretty pink

Lovely 'tint' - it's more like a very moisturising lipstick! Very happy with this product and so happy to get it at a bargain price. It smells like a raspberry lolly and it makes me want to eat the lippie xD Of course I wouldn't do such a thing for real!


Bourjois 2 for $5 nail enamel
I never paid attention to Bourjois nail polishes. They usually retail for about $5 so this was like a buy one get one free deal. They are so small but so cute :)

Bourjois Nail Enamel in 61 & 56 (L-R)

I think there were only a few other colours to choose from. It's pretty obvious that my favourite colour is pink yeah? Hehe

Above: No flash. Below: Flash

When I applied it, it went on smoothly but I accidentally scratched a bit off before it dried :/ It's not the nicest swatch.. I couldn't be bothered removing it and re-painting etc. because I still had to remove it anyway. School doesn't allow nail polish!


This swatch is better. A very hot pink colour



It probably doesn't seem as though I bought a lot ay? Well I did ;) The rest is for my future giveaway I promise :D

I'll definitely be doing review and looks with the above stuff

Such a long post!

Thanks for reading,

xx Jennifer

16 comments:

  1. thanks for reviewing :) i might go check some of these out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that palette I want to find somewhere I can buy it in the UK!! The colours are so pretty and shimmery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw i'm so jealous!! you make me wish i had bought more pupa stuff when i was in italy :( But great buys!! Hmm i think i saw that 04 blush, but i thought it wasn't for me :) Love your review <3 xX

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Cathy haha me too ;)

    @Hyuna thanks for reading!

    @Kitty :) i really hope you can find them in the UK, they're lovely

    @PinkOrchids <3 no need to be jealous hun! at least you had the chance to buy them from italy whereas i could only get my hands on what was left in a store here, and it's a clearance sale so there may not be anymore of these :( 04 blush was all that was left and i also didn't think it was for me but it wasn't too bad once i tried it

    thank you so much xx =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh now I wish I bought some pupa stuff when I was at priceline yesterday...I was more focused on their red earth clearance stuff and $2 lipsmackers LOL! That blush is gorgeous and I reckon it does look like stereo rose!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must be blind cuz I just went to priceline today and I didn't see that pupa cosmetics! They look sooo nice and I really wanna try it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw this sale too the other day and I so should have picked up some things! Doh. The mirror inside the case is such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. aww! Thanks for your reply! I'm just interested in the eyeshadow. I'm gonna go to another priceline to check it out! If not, I'll get back to you! You're tooooo kind XD

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh gosh, I also got the revlon lipstick and bourjois nail polishes in same color =0=!!!

    hahaaaa.. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. yes it does! Actually right now it ended! lol, better go close it right now :D Thankx for reminding me XP

    ReplyDelete
  11. These products look amazing, I'd love to try some out! =) I love your blog! I'm now a follower! I hope you can check out my blog sometime too! =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOOOW !!
    I LOVE EVERYTHING LOOL!! :)
    ESPECIALLY THAT BLUE QUAD!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The baked blush looks really interesting!
    Thanks for following me btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. the baked brush looks like a bristle bush.

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Kim Hye Rin yeah i know :( that's a shame. also, having the brush seperate from the packaging isn't very convenient

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I really appreciate your feedback and if there are any questions I'll try my best to reply asap ❤

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...