Friday, December 24, 2010

Review: Cellnique Skincare Products

Hello everyone! Today is Christmas Eve and guess what tomorrow is? :D Christmas! I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas ^_^ I sent out some Christmas cards to some bloggers around Australia and also international bloggers :) I hope you've all received them by now but if not, I hope you do receive yours very soon. I only sent out cards to the addresses that I had.

My family doesn't get too much into the Christmas spirit, instead the day is a perfect opportunity for a family gathering. I still get gifts from parents but other than that, we just have a quiet celebration at home with everyone over. This year my family and extended family decided to have a gathering on Sunday (26th December) instead of Christmas Day due to the hot weather, and Sunday just seems to be a more convenient day for everyone LOL. So tomorrow won't really feel like a day of celebration, instead Sunday will!

Since I'm not so busy right now and tomorrow, I've decided to do a blog post. Thanks to all the comments on my previous post, my vlog. It never used to be something that I would be brave enough to do, especially this time last year when I wasn't part of this friendly blogging community. Thank you all and thanks for giving me the confidence to do another vlog x)

A few weeks ago Selina from Cellnique contacted me to do a review on two skincare products. I agreed to try out some products that would be suitable to my sensitive, dry skin. I was surprised how fast these products got to me, and I didn't expect it to be express international shipping.

These are the items that I was sent:

1. Vital Cellular Repair Emulsion
2. Intensive Hydrating Complex

It was dark when I took these photos. This was the morning that I received the products - at around 8 in the morning! (knock on the door package)

So, what is Cellnique?
Cellnique is The Expert of Problematic Skin. All Cellnique products are formulated with Cx Formulation. Cx Formulation is an advanced in-clinic formulation that combines the power of biological active ingredients, natural plant extracts, antioxidants and a bio-active delivery system, offering the best performance for immediate and visible results for various skin problems. Also, Cellnique does not test on animals.

I was able to choose the products to be sent to me but since this was my first time trying anything from Cellnique, Selina selected and these products which would be suitable for my type of skin. She was very kind and she took into consideration of my skin type.

The packaging definitely looks very professional (especially with the mirror lids) and sturdy plastic. It is also very glassy, quite heavy and expensive-looking. I had a look at the prices on the boxes and oh my, they made me think 'pricey' straight away!

I know that these are in RM but still, wow. I have never tried expensive skincare products before and converting these prices into Aus Dollars will still be pricey for me.

1. Cellnique Vital Cellular Repair Emulsion:


Description: Specially designed to repair damaged cells and promote healing process, this formulation protects all skin types including sensitive skin from environment aggressions and provides relief to dry and dehydrated skin conditions.





Benefits

Repairs damaged cells and promotes healing process
Replenishes moisture and soften skin
Antioxidant and whitening agent
Anti-allergic and anti-inflammatory

Vital Cellular Repair Emulsion Texture
Color: Yellowish white
Scent: Mild characteristic
Texture: Creamy type
Feeling: Refreshing and non-greasy

Here's the list of ingredients and more detailed description


The scent is really hard to describe but all I can really say is that it isn't perfumed and is bearable. This is something that I like because my skin is sensitive and does not always react well when a skincare product is perfumed. The fact that it is fragrance-free makes it less harsh on my skin :)

It has an extremely lightweight texture and is non-oily and non-greasy. It easily smooths onto my face and the yellowish colour seeps into my skin and rubs in very well.



As much as I enjoy applying this onto my face as a moisturiser and because of its scent and texture, it gives me a tingly stinging sensation just after smoothing it on. It kind of feels that it irritates my skin, even though this product has been formulated to minimise the risk of allergy. using the Intensive hydrating Complex (which I will review straight after this) eased the stinging sensation and felt better on my skin. However, I still don't think that this emulsion has done anything positively new for my skin.

My face has always had some light redness and I was hoping that this emulsion would reduce my skin sentiveness (as it claims) and perhaps reduce the red appearance. It didn't seem to do much for my face, except break me out!

I have never broken out form using a skincare product before and the only change that has occurred to my skincare routine is the addition of this emulsion and the Intensive Hydrating Complex. I have been applying this on one side of my face alone without the Intensive Hydrating Complex and so I am quite convinced that this caused me to get a few pimples on my face. I don't usually get pimples or anything (unless it's that time of the month) so I'm not convinced that it has anything to do with my hormones. Okay I think I might be getting off topic...


The only improvement I see is the redness being lighter but is it really worth having breakouts also?? I hope that these pimples don't scar and will go away asap. I don't want anymore either...

I've read other reviews and some have experienced the same thing while others have seen this as an extremely good product. For me, the price doesn't cut it (US $73) and if I had purchased this, I would have regretted it. That's why I always believe that it's good to have samples to try first before you buy. We all have different skin types and we can't just rely on reviews to know what would be suitable.

Don't feel discouraged after reading my review or seeing my pictures. Again, my skin type is likely to be different to yours and this may work out to be perfectly fine for you.

If you are interested, you can purchase and read about it more here.


2. Cellnique Intensive hydrating Complex

Description:

A lightweight formulation with high concentration of Hyaluronic Acid and Essential Amino Acids. Helps bind moisture to restore elasticity of the skin. It thereby minimizes the appearance of wrinkles and helps deliver an instant supple and smooth skin.

Benefits

Keeps skin moist and smooth
Locks in skin moisture
Improves on scarring, lines and skin tone

Intensive Hydrating Complex Texture
Color: Colorless
Scent: Characteristic
Texture: Thick fluid type
Feeling: Sticky, firming and moisturizing

It's a dropper

I really like the texture of this. Although it says it's 'sticky', it's not an annoying type of sticky like honey. It's quite runny and can smooth easily onto the skin. Again this is very light and can makes a great light moisturiser instead of just a serum :)

The scent is bearable and smells different to the Vital Cellular Repair Emulsion. I think I like this scent a bit more than the emulsion.

I've used this for 3 weeks and this hasn't given me any breakouts. I haven't been able to experience the benefits as of yet but I am still going to use this to try and see some differences. I may need to discontinue using the emulsion so I can have a better experience with this on its own.

I love the dropper and it makes application really easy and non-messy. This retails for US$61 which I of course believe is way too expensive for me, especially because I haven't been able to see the benefits as of yet. I definitely have had a better experience with this than the emulsion.

It is currently out of stock on the Cellnique page but you can read more about the product here

If you are interested in trying the Intensive hydrating Complex, Cellnique is offering a FREE 3mL sample of it to 50 of my blog followers :D

First 50 readers that register on their website and enter the following will be entitled to receive the sample.

1. Complete the registration form.

2. Where do you hear about us?: jlyxoxo.blogspot.com

3. Company: Your blog’s URL

T&C: Valid ends in 1 week (so get in quick!) and sample delivery within 4 – 6 weeks. Substitutions of sample will be made if sample is out-of-stock.

For more information about Cellnique and up-to-date info, you can also visit Cellnique's Facebook Fanpage at www.facebook.com/cellnique

Thanks Cellnique for giving me the opportunity to try your products!

15 comments:

  1. It is sad that the Emulsion made you breakout... I hope it is going to go soon!

    I also had the chance to try some of their products, but my skin concern is different (oily skin). You can check it out : http://msbubuandhergirlyness.blogspot.com/2010/12/cellnique-products-review.html

    Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the very detailed review! Whoa, those are really expensive. D: $70 for a product that doesn't work too well ... it's a good thing you were able to receive these products free! But definitely not worth it for your skin type, I hope those pimples are able to go away quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way thank you! and Merry Christmas to you too! ^__^ I hope you'll lots of fun with your family on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also received the Vital Cellular Repair Emulsion to review and as much as I loved the texture, it wasn't hydrating enough for me z=

    ReplyDelete
  5. great review !!

    i just signed up for a sample! lol =)

    Merry Christmas!

    xo Siwing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Today’s environment and lifestyle always affected our skin. Today’s lifestyle make woman 5 years older.
    Your suggestion is really helpful______

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the detailed review :) I'm sorry that it broke you out :( :( :( I hate it when expensive products don't work miracle as they promised lol! PS: I cannot help but feel Cellnique gets its name from Clinique... lololol

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love www.questjen.com! Here I always find a lot of helpful information for myself. Thanks you for your work.
    Webmaster of http://loveepicentre.com and http://movieszone.eu
    Best regards

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey, I just wanted to say that I appreciate all the content that you have here. Please continue the great work as I will be checking back again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been so curious about Cellinique's products.. Great review! Thanks so much for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another informative blog… Thank you for sharing it… Best of luck for further endeavor too.

    ReplyDelete

  12. I was lucky enough to have the opportunity to read this article!
    definitely made it more enjoyable.Insurance

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good Day!!Thank you that you share your nice idea for us...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I really appreciate your feedback and if there are any questions I'll try my best to reply asap ❤

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...