Monday, December 20, 2010

iCandyStyleLens - Geo Lenses Review

Hey guys, I'm going to review two pairs of Geo lenses which I recently received from iCandyStyleLens. I got the World Series/3-Tone Violet (CM-905) and Hurricane Grey (HC-105).

Once again, the packaging was great and the lenses came with cases. Please note that iCandyStyleLens has a new domain, it used to be icandystyle.com/lens but now it is icandystylelens.com :) And along with the new domain is their new banner:


Starting with the Violet lenses:



The Model:

Series: Magic Color

Colour: Violet

Type: 3-tone

DIA: 14.00mm

B.C: 8.60mm

Water Content: 38%

Brand: GEO

Life Span: 1 year disposable


Me wearing the lenses:

Normal daytime lighting

With camera flash

What I love about these lenses is that they are really subtle during the day and they blend in quite well with my natural dark brown eyes. The pattern is lovely and I know that violet eyes is definitely not a natural colour to have, but these lenses make it seem very natural on my eyes. They definitely don't make me look like a devil of some sort x)

These lenses are not for enlarging the iris so I don't think that people would stare or notice them much if I wore these in public. Violet is a mysterious colour for the eyes, and that is something that I really like about these lenses :) They're not crazy-looking at all!

Also, these lenses are very comfortable and do not slide around on my eyes, therefore they fit very well.

Colour: ★★★★★ It's enough for people to notice
Pattern:
★★★★★ Very pretty, blends well
Enlargement: Very minimal enlargement... which I like so it deserves ★★★★★
Comfort: ★★★★★ At times I wouldn't have been able to feel these in my eyes!
Overall Rating: Love it! 20/20

Just wearing home clothes... I didn't feel the need to change just for this haha



These lenses are a fairly new style so there isn't an actual model for these lenses. I guess I'm going to have to be the model instead XD

They make me look so dolly :3


Series: Hurricane

Colour: Grey

DIA: 14.00mm

B.C: 8.60mm

Water Content: 38%

Brand: GEO

Life Span: 1 year disposable


Normal day time lighting


With camera flash

Joeyy (the owner of iCandy Style Lens) chose these lenses for me to review since I couldn't decide which other lenses to choose x] I have all of the Geo tri-colour lenses now and so I'm not too sure which other series to try hehe.

Look how much they enlarge my eyes!!
These lenses are 14.0mm, same as the tri-colour ones but the enlargement is WOAH

I don't know what it'd be like to wear these lenses in public, especially because they make my eyes look so much bigger. There's a black limbal ring around the lens which causes the lenses to give a greater enlarging effect. I've never worn circle lenses that have the black ring around them because I was never really interested in enlarging my eyes, although I found it to be pretty cool.

The grey is really noticeable and I like how it's not a blue-toned grey like my previous grey lenses (G&G BT02 grey, worn in my Park Bom Inspired Look) I like the pattern, even though it isn't natural-looking. It appears to be quite subtle in the daytime.

Colour: ★★★★★ As above, not a blue-toned grey, just grey!
Pattern:
★★★★ Would probably prefer without the black limbal ring
Enlargement: ★★★★ Very high enlargement... not exactly what I want
Comfort: ★★★★★ Very comfortable lenses, couldn't feel them on at times
Overall Rating: Love it! 18/20

I highly recommend these for people who want an enlargement but aren't too keen on trying 14.5mm or 15.0mm lenses.

If my eyes were naturally this large... wow. I would feel blessed

Please note that you do need to soak circle lenses in contact solution overnight before wearing them, mainly because wearing circle lenses straight from the vile bottles can sting your eyes. Just putting the precaution out there :)

I hope my reviews were helpful. If you'd like me to review a certain pair of lenses, feel free to request ^.^

I don't normally mention which type of lashes I wear with my circle lens reviews but for this one, I'll say :)

I wore my Daiso criss-cross lashes in #3

These look very natural and aren't dramatic, although the style may seem like it
I love these lashes, great to wear in the day or night time

So, do you prefer to wear enlarging lenses or ones that give you just a colour change?

17 comments:

  1. These look great on you! personally I prefer lenses that don't enlarge much, if at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! I liked how the HC-105 turned out on your eyes :D I'm all for enlarging :> As usual, I'll be taking your pictures - I still need to upload them to the website >_<

    ReplyDelete
  3. i wanna try enlarging ones! :) probably try out th brown enlarging ones first before going, say ... purple enlarging. creepy ... hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol i want to buy a pair but i am too lazy to buy them >.<, they look so pretty~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you look so pretty withbeither lens, but I have to say I liked the first pair a little better since I didn't think your eye needed to be enlarged. And the violet color of the first pair looked really cool on you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love enlarging lenses.
    Since I like to know I look uber different when I'm wearing them xD

    Ahhh, I just bought a Hurricane one tooooo!! :D I need to pick them up soon v.v

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look SO pretty without flash : D Like super blendable and natural, really. Love em!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look gorgeous with both circle lenses on! I can't decide which ones I like best on you. D: I love the idea of enlarged eyes! Unfortunately, circle lenses creep me out depending on the person. xD This is what has kept from buy them. I guess it depends on the eye shape / eye makeup but I have to say that these gray ones look perfect on you!

    I say wear them out when you're on a date or when you're just strolling through shops. :D
    They REALLY compliment you well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great review!! I like enlarging and natural effects. I'm not too keen for colour change.

    I really like the Hurricane one though ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow they look amazing on you ^^

    ReplyDelete
  11. all lenses are looking super natural on you o_o !! I espescially like the violet one =) thanks for this review jen!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These look really pretty on you! I really want to try a color like violet or grey, brown is kinda boring sometimes haha. I like how the violet ones aren't too dolly like, so they look pretty natural despite the color :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the purple ones, I so would wear them everywhere but I dont think my parents would allow that lol.

    Im follwing!
    http://totallypolishedbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. hi beautiful =) no i haven't seen that movie O_o what's it called? i hate sad movies!!! =(((

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't tried wearing colour lenses yet, but I have tried black circle lenses and -____________- it doesn't really have the enlarge iris effect, kinda lost on mine wtheck -_-

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love both colors on you! especially grey!! you should wear them out! what's wrong with abnormally large looking eyes? XP I wish I could wear these but I don't know how to wear lenses.... T____T

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice Blog..I really like the style of the lenses..Thank you for sharing...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I really appreciate your feedback and if there are any questions I'll try my best to reply asap ❤

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...