Thursday, December 16, 2010

OOTD - Dressing for an Interview

Hey guys! So I'm feeling a lot more stress-free now. If you follow me on Twitter (which quite a number of my blog followers do, hello!), you'd know that I've been stressing in the last couple of days, including today. Today I got my school results and score D: I'll reveal more about that later.

Yesterday I had an interview for a university course that I was interested in. Not all university courses require an interview to be accepted but since this course is so competitive, an interview was required. It's the Bachelor of Oral Health. I've actually had my mind set on this for quite some time.

The interview in my opinion went well but I had no idea of what they'd be expecting as answers for their questions. It went for about 20 minutes but I felt that it went much quicker than that! I don't find out whether I'm successful or not until next month. Keep those fingers crossed for me!

This was my first formal interview so you could imagine how nervous I was before going into it. On Twitter I revealed what I was planning to wear to the interview and now I'm going to share the outfit of the day :) I wasn't too sure what to wear for the interview because people who had interviews the day before said that they saw people wearing casual clothes like shorts, jeans and t-shirts. My mum made me wear more of a corporate outfit to make me look more professional and serious about wanting to do the course. I'm really glad that I did dress this way because the other girls at the interview did too and dressed similarly to me :]

So, here is my outfit of the day:

- Silky silver singlet
- Black Skirt
- Black cardigan
- Gold flats
I wish I wore skin-coloured stockings...

I kept it really simple and didn't wear any jangly bracelets or necklaces - just a watch and a pair of earrings. I kept my hair down, even though maybe I should have pinned it up :/

Singlet tucked into the high-waisted skirt
I thought that maybe the singlet would reveal too much skin so I left the cardigan on during the interview

I decided to apply just a bit of makeup, to make it seem as though I put in effort to make myself look nice for the interview.

- Revlon ColorStay Velvet Creme Makeup in Natural Tan
- Bourjois Healthy Mix Concealer
- Urban Decay Primer Potion
- Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Shadows in Hazel
- NYX Black Eyeliner
- Rimmel Soft Kohl White Eyeliner
- Pupa Blush
- Pupa Lipstick
- Majolica Majorca Mascara
- Australis Makeup Finishing Spritz *NEW*
- Sigma Blending Brush
- Models Prefer Face Brush Set *NEW*

(*NEW* means that this was my first time using those products and they were recently purchased :) I think I might do a review on them)


The eyeshadow is almost invisible or hardly noticeable. Again, kept it very simple and light and used neutral colours. Only lined my waterline, curled my lashes, applied mascara and a hint of blush with a neutral pink lippie.

Used the two lightest shades

So I felt so relieved after the interview and now I have to wait until January to find out whether or not I have been accepted. I am really hoping that I will! Especially as a way to make up for my result today. I wouldn't say my result was bad but it could have been better - heard of so many better scores but the good thing is that it is high enough for me to get into the university courses that I have applied for ^_^ Just going to hope for the best~!

Now that my stress levels have decreased once again, I will blog regularly from now on, perhaps even daily :)

14 comments:

  1. Oh wow! I hope you get in! Best wishes Jen! And I love your makeup too and how you put effort in to presenting yourself well for the interview :)

    Oh god, I feel stressed free too! Glad we both made it to uni :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think you look nice. Neat and very well presented.
    Nto wearing too much accessories is a good thing :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice interview outfit ~~ great way to present yourself, and yes i agree, not wearing too much accessories is a good thing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi. I'm a new follower.. and i love the outfit that you wore to your interview. Its really cute and at the same time professional. It is good to dress up for an interview sometimes. and also loving the make up. looks really natural and matches you well. =) i hope that you come and follow me too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute outfit (: ♥

    Thanks for sharing!!

    http://oxsweetcheeksxo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look beautiful Jen! Formal wear always looks nice with very little or no jewelery at all. :'3 I love the idea of wearing formal clothes.

    Good luck with getting in the course! A whole month sounds so annoying. ;-;

    ReplyDelete
  7. all the best of luck babe!
    you look stunning as usual :) <3!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm loving it!! Really nice outfit =D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahh~ Jennifer! I am also going for Oral Health too! :D Hope both of us make it into Oral Health next year Gamabatte! (Try your best!) Wonderful outfit you had ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  10. Best of luck to you! By the way, cute outfit! Formal always looks good to me! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the combo of the skirt with your silky top. Good luck on the job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah, I wish I had been more attentive to twitter and etc so I could've helped you :( ! During Year 12, I had to go to a Uni interview too - for Physiotherapy. I didn't end up getting in but I know the type of questions they ask / I researched a lot with help from my older siblings.

    I also wore something similar. Although, I don't have any photos. And I was nearly the only one wearing something like that pshhh. But ah wells.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice outfit, one needs to be comfortable in the dress what they will wear for interview.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I really appreciate your feedback and if there are any questions I'll try my best to reply asap ❤

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...