Thursday, January 27, 2011

Geo Lens Review from iCandyStyleLens

Hey everyone :) Hope you've all been having a great week. I got two new pairs of circle lenses from iCandyStyleLens which I will be reviewing. I chose the Geo Honey Wing (OL-104) and Geo Angel Black (CM-836) and I was really eager to try the black pair especially because this was my first time having a pair of black lenses. I used to think that they'd be pretty creepy to wear out (black eyes remind me of possessed eyes) but after wearing them on, my views on these have changed :)

I shall leave you in suspense by reviewing my Geo Honey Wing lenses first.

The model

[GEO] OL-104

Series: Olive

Colour: Brown

DIA: 14.00mm

B.C: 8.60mm

Water Content: 38%

Brand: GEO

Life Span: 1 year disposable


Before and after


Natural lighting

Camera flash

Before I got these lenses I was a bit skeptical about the style because of the 'squiggles' in the center and I wasn't sure whether they would be able to blend in with my eyes. Surprisingly, these brown lenses do blend quite nicely with my eyes and also give me that dolly effect. Do you recognise these lenses from my Dolly Wink haul? Yeah, these remind me of those candy lenses like the ones Tsubasa Masuwaka, except I reckon these look more natural during the day :) I think it must be because the limbal ring is brown instead of black, which is much more bold.

I've started to really like the pattern on these lenses and I can definitely see that they enlarge my irises in a subtle way, nothing too dramatic. They make me look more awake and I like how these look on me. I would feel comfortable with wearing these out because they aren't scary or strange (to me anyway) xD

Colour: ★ If they were much lighter they wouldn't blend well with my eyes
Pattern: ★ Could blend better with my eyes in flash photography
Comfort: ★ Very comfortable! Felt like I wasn't wearing lenses at times
Enlargement: For 14mm lenses, they enlarge well

Overall Score: 18/20 Love it!


Now to my Geo Angel Black Lenses


There isn't a model for these lenses but instead I've used an image of an ulzzang girl. I know the image has been highly photoshopped but I admire her beauty =)

[GEO] CM-836

Series: Angel

Colour: Black

DIA: 14.00mm

B.C: 8.60mm

Water Content: 38%

Brand: GEO

Life Span: 1 year disposable


Before and after wearing the lenses

Natural lighting

Camera flash

Yay black lenses :) What do you think of them? I'm known for having naturally dark coloured eyes so maybe these lenses blend better than brown lenses. These give my eyes quite a lot of enlargement and for some that may seem freaky because they're black or some may find them cute because they make my eyes look so dolly. I guess this is why most ulzzangs wear black lenses.

I chose these lenses because I wanted to experiment with the Geo Angel series. This is quite a popular series of lenses and they are also very common as they enlarge and also give a distinct colour change. Here is the Angel series:


Angel Black isn't really a part of the series but it has the same pattern

Colour: They're more of a grey-black instead of a pitch-black
Pattern: ★ The pattern isn't strange and it blends with my natural eye colour
Enlargement: These make my eyes pop
Comfort: ★ These are incredibly comfortable! Or maybe I'm just so used to the feeling of lenses in my eyes. But no seriously, these are very comfortable

Overall rating: 17/20 Love it!

I hope you found my reviews helpful and/or interesting. If you'd like me to review a certain pair of lenses from the Geo range, feel free to let me know!

iCandyStyleLens are currently having a 10-20% off sale on their lenses for the new year! This discount is only valid until the 31st of January 2011 so get in quick if you're interested =D

Don't forget, I also have a code that you can use to get 5% off your purchase of lenses:

CODE: JLYXOXO
For 5% off discount
This has no expiry

What are your favourite pair of lenses? Which are the ones that you wear the most?

19 comments:

  1. i totally love the lenses! i already have hazel eyes which make it hard for me to convince my mom for a bit of a golden hued lenses. yes im 20 and still forced to as for permission regardless of whose money is being spent. FAIL. How does it feel? Does it dry on your eyes often? For some reason my last pair clear circle lenses basically gave my left eye an infection. it was horrible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Maki Hi Maki, sorry I wasn't able to reply directly to you (your profile isn't accessible) so I will reply here. I hope you get the chance to read it :)

    I would love to have natural hazel eyes! Hazel eyes are so pretty. Don't worry, my mum's like that too sometimes. These lenses and also my other lenses feel great on my eyes and are really comfortable. I can wear them for many hours without them getting dry, but I still carry around my eyedrops and use them just in case, and even when they're not dry. Aw sorry to hear about that! I hope that you'll have a good experience with circle lenses in the future =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww those contacts look great on you
    your so lucky u can wear lenses...
    My eyes always hurt when I put them on!!!! =*( boo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never tried contacts before. They look really pretty on you !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey babeeee,
    Thanks for the review! I was thinking about getting the black ones but haven't decided if I wanted them or not yet ...since my mum is all about "COLOUR" :S hahaha.

    In any case, your lashes look really nice in these photos ;) xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. THanks for the review ^^ i was also thinking to get black lenses =D i've always wanted to try those ^^ and the brown ones look very natural =D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Geo Angel was my absolute fav. But it gave my right eye conjunctivitis. =( IMO, Honey Wing looks better. I've always preferred eyes that are a little brown, not too black.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the look of the Honey Wing ones :)
    I bought my friend a pair of these :D
    and ive been thinking of buying myself a pair. But i dunno ><

    I think most black lenses look the same! Those Angel Black ones look like the ones i have..but I really can't tell the difference to any other black ones xD
    But mine are also reaaallllly comfy too! :3


    My current favourite is my EOS Candy Brown. :D Everyone likes them except for this one chick that calls me a devil because my eyes look weird or something. xD
    But they dry out quite easily ;(

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like the look of Honey Wings :D I bought them for my friend nd they look really nice on her xD

    I think I have Angel Black :) ..I dont even know haha! But my black lenses are reaalllllyy comfy too, I used to wear them everyday but I'm starting to switch to Candy Brown because they're my favourite ones and are getting more comfortable everytime I wear it since it didn't used to be at the start ;(

    ReplyDelete
  10. They both look super cute on you but maybe I like the Honey wing one more! They look so pretty I think they make your eyes pop more than the black lens! But the black one is equally cute! Love them both on you!

    Hmmm... Fav lens... Maybe my Candy Magic Gray ones that I mostly use :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I initially had the same thoughts about the black ones~ but they don't look freaky at all :)

    nice review! I think I'll try another pair soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the review!(:
    Awww,,,The lenses look so good on you!~ I like the Honey Wing ones!:D

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's what I like the most about the Wings, they look natural yet do they add that special touch to one's eyes, very adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the review. I love these lenses, I'd like to try someday but I'm too lazy x) lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice review : D

    I tried out my GEO lenses yesterday and they gave me a headache. -__-" I've had a headache ever since.. which is kinda strange. Anyway, I really like mine.. Except they look nothing different from my own eyes. Except the outer iris line is a bit darker. But yeah.. I have another pair in black, but I'd need a lense case before trying them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. the black seems interesting =D i haven't try those geo lens for long time! >.<

    ReplyDelete
  17. I want to try the Angel Black !! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  18. The lenses look gorgeous on you! I especially love how the brown ones look so natural on you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the brown natural lens!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I really appreciate your feedback and if there are any questions I'll try my best to reply asap ❤

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...