Sunday, November 27, 2011

Cetaphil Skincare Products Review

Hi beauties, I have a review today of some various Cetaphil skincare products that were sent to me by one of their PR representatives. To be honest, this is a really delayed post because I received these items about 3 months ago (and possibly more; I haven't kept track). The reason why this has been very delayed is because I had a total of 6 items to trial! They were extremely generous to send me these products:

I came home to a full box of products with tissue paper wrapping

It was packaged neater than that but for photography purposes I arranged it in a way that all the products can be seen. Oh and after I took the picture I realised that I forgot to put two tube creams back into their boxes, oops!

A range of products for different skin types - something for everyone :)

As always, my reviews are 100% honest with no influence of whether the item/s were purchased or sent to me. I do not get monetary compensation for my review and I am not affiliated with Cetaphil.

Before you read my review, it might be best to take note of my skin type as being sensitive and dry, because my experience with these products may be different for those with other skin types:

Cetaphil is a skincare brand that I do believe is known worldwide but especially in Australia (Cetaphil Australian website - www.cetaphil.com.au). The products are actually made in Canada and what I love about this brand is that their range caters for all different skin types, from soft/sensitive skin that infants have to oily skin.

Cetaphil Moisturising Lotion
For all skin types


Size: 250ml
Price: RRP $9.99 AU
Scent: N/A
Texture: smooth, non-sticky, non-greasy

Ingredient/s and their purpose:
No specific ones mentioned.

What the product claims to do:
To provide everyday hydration for all skin types including infants. Helps protect baby's delicate skin.

My thoughts:
For a while I have been looking for a really good moisturiser for both my face and body, and now I've found this one! I think it's rare to find a product that is for both because I usually only come across body moisturisers or face moisturisers, not 2-in-1. I love how lightweight it is on my skin - it doesn't feel heavy at all and once it's properly rubbed in, it feels great to have on. Definitely a product I would use daily! Knowing that it is suitable for all skin types including infants means that I don't have to worry about it irritating my sensitive skin because it won't :)

Pros (+) and Cons (-):
+ Dermatologist recommended
+ Caters for all skin types
+ Does what it claims
+ Fragrance free
+ Non-comedogenic (won't clog pores)
+ Lightweight moisturiser
+ Lanolin free
+ Paraben free
+ Non-greasy
+ For facial and body use
+ Hygienic and suitable packaging (screw-top lid)
+ Reasonable price for size and quality of product
+ Expiry date on the bottle
- Bottle may be too bulky for some
- Not the most handbag-friendly packaging

Repurchase?
Yes I'd definitely recommend this to others and would consider (re)purchasing! 


Cetaphil Intensive Moisturising Cream
For very dry hands, feet, elbows and knees


Size: 85g
Price: RRP $9.69 AU
Scent: N/A
Texture: smooth, non-sticky

Ingredient/s and their purpose:
  • Shea butter = locks in moisture for softer, healthier skin
What the product claims to do:
Rapid, long-lasting moisturiser with Shea Butter, which is known for its intense moisturising properties. Helps restore the natural protective barrier of your skin. For very dry, rough skin.

My thoughts:
As you can see in the pictures above, this product has been used quite a fair bit! I've been specifically testing this product on my elbows and knees as they are covered with the driest skin on my body. I absolutely detest how dry my knees and elbows are - they are also darker than my skin elsewhere :( So this is why I am so thankful for discovering this product, thanks Cetaphil for this amazing intensive moisturiser! I could see improvements on those areas from just a few morning and night applications.

Pros (+) and Cons (-):
+ Dermatologist recommended
+ Does what it claims
+ Fragrance free
+ Non-greasy
+ Easily absorbed
+ Rather lightweight
+ Non-irritating
+ Non-comedogenic (won't clog pores)
+ Decent price
+ Purse-friendly packaging
+ Hygienic squeeze tube with screw-top/flap lid
+ Expiry date on the box
- Dry knees/elbows/feet/hands etc. can be a problem again if use of this product is discontinued (in other words, this product is likely to only give a temporary 'fix')

Repurchase?
I really like the idea of an intensive moisturiser specifically targeting these dry areas so I can see myself purchasing this product once mine runs out. For years I have only been using regular body moisturisers that are great for other areas but not the best for my problematic, dry areas. 


Cetaphil DailyAdvance Ultra Hydrating Lotion
For dry to very dry skin


Size: 85g
Price: RRP $9.49 AU
Scent: N/A
Texture: silky smooth, non-sticky

Ingredient/s and their purpose:
  • Contains Epidermal Replenishing Complex5, a unique combination of 5 key ingredients that protect dry skin and enhance hydration.

What the product claims to do:
To hydrate and protect dry skin for 24 hours. To provide intense moisturisation for dry to very dry skin. Leaves your body feeling soft, hydrated and smooth.

My thoughts:
It is said to be a 'luxurious lotion' on the back of the bottle but I really don't know what that means :/ To me, 'luxurious' means high-end.. and since Cetaphil is a drugstore brand, it's not exactly 'high-end'. Hmm, maybe someone should explain this to me or give me their intepretation. For now I will asssume that it means 'high-quality'. Well anyway, this product has been a joy to use on my dry skin as I felt that it helped and made it feel hydrated. I didn't do a 24-hour test but I am confident that this moisturiser would leave my skin feeling hydrating for many hours.

Pros (+) and Cons (-):
+ Dermatologist recommended
+ Suitable for use on sensitive skin and babies
+ Does what it claims
+ Fragrance free
+ Non-greasy
+ Non-comedogenic (won't clog pores)
+ Reasonable price
+ Purse-friendly packaging
+ Hygienic squeeze tube with screw-top/flap lid
+ Expiry date on the box
- Only limited to body use

Repurchase?
As much 'good' in this product I found, overall it's not enough to make me want to repurchase this product (sadly!). I have tried many different body moisturisers like these and I don't have a favourite as they have all been similar in quality. Some are cheaper and are just as good. This is probably because I don't have very dry skin - if I did I'd probably see this as a life saver... so if anyone does have very dry skin, I recommend that you try this product =]


Cetaphil RestoraDerm Skin Moisturising Body Moisturiser
Formulated for use in eczema


Size: 295ml
Price: RRP $25.99 AU
Scent: N/A
Texture: smooth, non-sticky

Ingredient/s and their purpose:
No specific ones mentioned.

What the product claims to do:
Provides intensive and long lasting hydration to help relieve itchy, dry skin. Helps restore the skin's protective barrier.

My thoughts:
Although I don't have eczema, I still gave this product a try. I wasn't able to test whether it relieves itchy skin, only tested it on my dry skin. With this I can say that it was extremely gentle with a slightly different scent to the previous fragrance free products. My skin felt much more soft and smooth after applying it.

Pros (+) and Cons (-):
+ Dermatologist recommended
+ Does what it claims
+ Preservative free
+ Fragrance free
+ Non-greasy
+ Fast absorbing
+ Hypoallergenic
+ Non-comedogenic (won't clog pores)
+ Suitable for all ages including infants
+ Suitable for use in eczema
+ Lightweight
+ Hygienic pump mechanism with twist lock
+ Expiry date on the bottle
- Not handbag-friendly
- A rather pricey product
- Only for body use

Repurchase?
Since I don't have eczema and I consider this to be a very pricey product, I wouldn't purchase this. It's common sense, right? I would however, recommend this product for eczema sufferers - Cetaphil is a proud sponsor of the Eczema Association of Australasia.


Cetaphil RestoraDerm Skin Moisturising Body Wash
Formulated for use in eczema


Size: 295g
Price: RRP $19.99 AU
Scent: N/A
Texture: smooth, non-sticky, creamy

Ingredient/s and their purpose:
No specific ones mentioned.

What the product claims to do:
Provides non-irritating and non-drying cleansing to help relieve itchy, dry skin. Contains oils that replenish dry skin.

My thoughts:
Again, I'm not an eczema sufferer so I cannot give a full and detailed review of the product. Unfortunately I don't know anyone who has eczema so I wasn't able to give this to them to try. Even though I have sensitive skin, I am still able to use scented body washes without experiencing serious irritations. So for my point of view... I wouldn't like the idea of constantly using non-scented body washes. Same goes for non-scented shampoos (if there is such thing), it's just not ideal for me. But I can understand how non-scented body washes are the best alternative for sensitive, itchy, dry skin. I know what it's like to have to find alternative products to things that are for 'normal skin', which I sadly don't have :( Finding alternatives are great because it makes you feel 'normal' and less disadvantaged :)

Pros (+) and Cons (-):
+ Dermatologist recommended
+ Restores moisture
+ Does what it claims
+ The ability to soothe itchy, dry skin
+ Very gentle on the skin
+ Non-irritating
+ Non-comedogenic (won't clog pores)
+ Rinses easily, leaves skin feeling soft and smooth
+ Hypoallergenic and soap-free
+ Fragrance free
+ Suitable for all ages including infants
+ Suitable for use in eczema
+ Appropriate packaging with screw-top/flap lid (good for bathroom use)
+ Expiry date on the bottle
- May be too expensive for people

Repurchase?
No I wouldn't purchase this but if I had eczema I may consider it. Honestly I don't like the thought of spending $20 on a body wash! I'd recommend this product though, I had a good experience with it and I saw no negatives with the body wash itself.


Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser
For oily, combination or acne-prone skin that needs special care


Size: 235ml
Price: RRP $10.59 AU
Scent: N/A
Texture: smooth, non-sticky

Ingredient/s and their purpose:
No specific ones mentioned.

What the product claims to do:
Remove excess oil without drying, removes surface oils, dirt, skin debris and makeup from the skin with a gentle foaming action.

My thoughts:
When I first received this, I had a quick look at it and put it away because there was no way that I would test out this product. I did specify that I had sensitive/dry skin to the PR representative that I was in contact with. It is never good to use a product that is not suitable for you, no matter what it is! It's not worth taking the risk. This was the only product that I could not use so instead I gave it to my friend to try, who has oily/acne-prone skin. So what I will say about this product will be based on their opinions, not mine.

My friend found this to be the best acne/oily skin cleanser for them, and they have tried other various drugstore brands previously! I guess this means that they can finally settle for one that is perfect for them :)

Pros (+) and Cons (-):
+ Recommended by dermatologists
+ Does what it claims
+ Non-comedogenic (won't clog pores)
+ Cleanses without leaving the skin feeling tight or overly dry
+ Soap free
+ Pleasant, non-overpowering scent
+ Positive results seen, some pimples disappeared and others became less noticeable
+ Reasonable price
+ Hygienic packaging with screw-top/flap lid
+ Expiry date on the bottle

Repurchase?
I wouldn't purchase this product for myself but my friend would definitely repurchase this. There were no cons about it and they saw results that made them very pleased with this cleanser. I'm so glad that it worked out in the end, me offering them this product and them benefiting from it! They also managed to finish the whole bottle which is impressive :D

Final words
That's it for my reviews, 6 products done... phew that took a long time! I hope you found this helpful. Thanks for reading, maybe you've learnt something new about Cetaphil products or skincare in general. With all of these, I have no excuse to have bad or dry skin anymore haha. If anyone has any questions about these products, feel free to let me know.

Overall I am happy with the Cetaphil range and I love how they cater for ALL skin types for ALL ages! I rarely see skincare brands doing this and it's great to see that the products are at reasonable prices and are high quality. I can say that Cetaphil is a trustworthy brand.

If anyone would like 5g jar samples of any of the products reviewed in this post, feel free to request! They will be free of charge (excluding shipping cost) I will send them out to you :) If you are interested, email me at jlyxoxo@gmail.com and we can discuss this further.

I've got a busy week ahead of me so apologies in advance if I do not post as often as I said I would! Will try my best though =]

11 comments:

  1. I use the facial cleanser in combination with my Clarisonic Mia XD What an incident that you posted about the products the week I just purchased them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like cetaphil's products and they are soo cheap gentle for skin =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cetaphil are wonderful. I have psoriasis and I've been recommended Cetaphil by various doctors+ dermatologists. I switched to Dermaveen for my face because I found the face wash too gentle to get all the oil off, but I haven't tried the Oily skin formula - I should!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! that's alot of products to try :)


    RAech
    ilvoeshopping.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I've used their body lotion or something before.. i have an old bottle of it lying around my house somewhere. It was good for my eczema when I was little ^___^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh I've definitely seen these in the shops before! Hm, a lot of the times, my mum buys specific type of creams because my brother has eczema and stuff - but I shall definitely ask mum to try this brand out one day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cheers for the review, couple of weeks back during exam period my skin became really dry mainly on my cheeks :( Its gotten better now but i was thinking of purchasing this and your review has really helped!

    ox

    www.candypop-lamour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great.. it's not available here T_T fml.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have eczema, I actually have a pretty bad, unsightly flair up right now all over my face, chest & right arm. It certainly has taken a toll on my social life & self confidence :( I have already found a product that is helping me control it, but I might need to go back to using cetaphil moisturiser to prevent an outbreak in the future.

    The skin around my knees and elbows are also darker than the rest of me, I find it so frustrating because it makes me look "dirty"! On top of that, I have keratosis pilaris all over my body... My skin is basically a freak show 0_0

    So did the intensive cream help lighten your dark areas or did it just keep it moisturised? I find that moisturising my knees & elbows make them appear even darker! Strange...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I used to have bad acne and this brand was like a life saver!!! *-*
    i dont get much acne anymore~ and even if i did, they would be in nice flattering places (well..to me anyway, i think acne spots are cute .___. in some areas of the face). xD
    but yeahh i didnt know they changed the packaging LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I really appreciate your feedback and if there are any questions I'll try my best to reply asap ❤

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...