Wednesday, November 24, 2010

iCandy Style Lens - Geo World Series 3-tone Lenses Review (Blue and Green)

Hi everyone I'm back with another circle lens review, but not just one review, two reviews :) I recently received 2 pairs of circle lenses from my latest sponsor partner iCandy Style Lens. Joeyy is the owner of this fairly new circle lens site which moved from Facebook and she is from Perth, Australia. It's great that there are Australian circle lens sellers ^_^ Currently she is only supplying Geo lenses but there is quite a large range of these at very decent prices as well as cute contact lens cases. There are a few promotions going on at the moment which you can check out here. The site iCandy Style itself is the clothing and accessories store =]

Before I review the lenses, I will show the package:

♥ Padded bag
♥ Very fast shipping - 2-3 days
♥ Registered Post!

♥ Extra bubble wrapping
♥ Neatly packaged
♥ Instructions for wearing and caring for lenses
♥ Lens cases included

Personalised package as a sponsor partner:
♥ A letter - Thanks Joeyy :D
♥ A chupa chup lollipop! Hehe

I can say that I am very pleased with this package and the fact that it has been put together with care makes it very special :) I have no complaints at all.

So now to the lenses. I was able to choose the 2 pairs of lenses and since I've been wanting to collect all of the colours from the Geo 3-tone/World Series, I chose blue and green lenses =] I've been so curious about what I'd look like with blue eyes and green eyes so I was really looking forward to trying on these lenses!

I already had a vague idea of what I'd look like with blue-ish eyes because I've owned a pair of grey contacts which had a hint of blue in them (you can sort of see them in my blog profile picture, top right). And so, Idecided to try on my green lenses first.

Geo 3-Tone/World Series Green Lenses (CM-903)

The model:

Colour: Green

Type: 3-tone

DIA: 14.00mm

B.C: 8.60mm

Water Content: 38%

Brand: GEO

Life Span: 1 year disposable


Me wearing the lenses:

With flash and bright lighting

Normal lighting during the day

They are very visible during the day and they have that 'naturalness' about them. Of course, it's not exactly 'natural' for an Asian to have green eyes but the pattern looks very similar to the green eyes of a Caucasian person :) That's what I love about these lenses. I think I'd feel comfortable wearing these lenses out during the day because they don't look crazy or make my irises abnormally big.

I always forget to take pictures of me wearing one of the lenses so that you can see the comparison between wearing and not wearing the lens :/ Maybe next time? I think I might forget again, I hope it's okay that there isn't a comparison picture. Thankfully the model photo has one anyway =] Oh and I forgot sideway pictures too :| I'll just tell you now that these lenses don't slide around in my eyes!

These lenses are really pretty! I think 3-tone lenses have the prettiest pattern anyway ;] There goes my biasness haha :P

Colour: ★★★★★
Pattern:
★★★★★
Enlargement: Very minimal enlargement... which I like so it deserves ★★★★★
Comfort: ★★★★★
Overall Rating: Love it! 20/20

There were times where I was wearing these lenses and taking pictures and I couldn't feel them on my eyes xD A split second I forgot I was even wearing lenses... oh dear hahaha, imagine if I forgot to take these off and fell asleep with them on T_T My poor eyes!

Using my iPod Touch to take this photo:

Like my bow earrings? They're from Diva :)

You can purchase these lenses here and for each purchase from the site, you get loyalty points!


Next lenses are my Geo 3-Tone/World Series Blue Lenses (CM-904)

The model:

The same model for all of the 3-Tone lenses in the series. She's pretty :]

Colour: Blue

Type: 3-tone

DIA: 14.00mm

B.C: 8.60mm

Water Content: 38%

Brand: GEO

Life Span: 1 year disposable


Me wearing the lenses:

With flash and bright lighting


Normal lighting during the day

Blue eyes, I love them! They are almost like a denim blue and they aren't very bright so blend with my natural eye colour well. I think I look scary with really bright blue eyes so I really like the colour of these. I actually took more pictures with these than my green ones xD I'm really biased nyahaha ;P

And I remembered to take sideway pictures with these! Again, these don't slip in my eyes so that makes them extremely comfortable.

Just with flash

Colour: ★★★★★
Pattern:
★★★★★
Enlargement: Very minimal enlargement... which I like so it deserves ★★★★★
Comfort: ★★★★★
Overall Rating: Love it! 20/20

Yay, both of my lenses deserve 20/20 for sure. I'm extremely pleased with how they look on me. Thanks again Joeyy for providing me with these lenses to try and review.

I don't know how many megapixels my iPod Touch camera has but I don't think it's as 'high' as my phone's camera, which is only 3.2mpx.

Using my phone to take this picture:

Phone pictures has better quality. You can see less of my dark under-eye circles x)
This is more how I look in real-life, skin tone and all

I still continued to take photos with my iPod, but in a different way. You'll see what I mean...

Yeah, I like how there's a front camera ;D

You can purchase these blue lenses here

Please note that you do need to soak circle lenses in contact solution overnight before wearing them, mainly because wearing circle lenses straight from the vile bottles can sting your eyes. Just putting the precaution out there :)

I hope my reviews were helpful. If you'd like me to review a certain pair of lenses, feel free to request ^.^

So, was there one that you liked more than the other? Would you rather have green or blue eyes?

22 comments:

  1. Oh you absolutely gorgeous with them! I personally love green lenses which is why I have two green lenses XD

    But both of them suit you! I must check out the website! So happy that there are lots of Australia sellers :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. babe! u look gorgeous in both colours!!!
    i havent tried the 3 toned ones but i think they look heaps good and natural!! i dont like those ones with the black rims
    anyways I like blue rather then green. I dont know why because I think the green i trid before was like BRIGHT GRASS green and I looked like a possessed snake!!! :(
    but i liked blue hehehe getting some blue lenses soon!!!


    xx Michelle

    www.mooshichui.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg, i like both colors =D it really suits you !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look beautiful in both. Gorgeous is the word to describe you. I think blue eyes looks better than green eyes, generally speaking. But for Asians, I'm not too sure. :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your eyes looks amazinggg!
    I can't choose whether I like the green or the blue ones better. Maybe the green ones ! I should get them nexttt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're so cute! You make me want to get new lenses. The blue ones I have are too obvious. -___-"

    ReplyDelete
  7. both look nice but i like the blue one more :)

    http://obsessiveness4makeup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww, the packaging is so cute! I like the pink and white lens cases :)
    The blue lenses are gorgeous.
    I dunno if I'd be able to pull them off like you do though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow you look gorgeous! they suit you very well and they look very natural.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the green better on you! :3
    Then again, I just normally adore green eyes! XD

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the green better on your cuz I guess it shows more!
    But personally i wish I had blue eyes!! Both contacts look equally pretty thou!

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful! i miss wearing geo lens =.=

    i really like the green color =D

    ReplyDelete
  13. ^.^ I love receiving packages in the mail. The green are real nice on you...the blue seems a bit dark. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These lens look so PRETTYY!!!!! :) THank you for sharing! I especially love the blue ones!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both look nice, but the blue is my fav!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wowsers!
    I love your review :) The green lenses show pretty good! I am excited to get my lenses now ehehe.
    - Gerry

    ReplyDelete
  17. eee your eyes are so big and PRETTY <3

    ReplyDelete
  18. your lashes are amazingggggg :)
    i love world series!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow the green ones are so cool, and the bow earrings look great. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Frankly I like those ones better than the brown ones you reviewed last time :D they seem like they fit your eyes so much better. LOVE that blue color!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  21. awesome, just awesome

    ReplyDelete
  22. how long did it take to come in the mail. because I live in the U.S.??

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I really appreciate your feedback and if there are any questions I'll try my best to reply asap ❤

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...