Saturday, February 2, 2013

OOTD: Burgundy Maxi Skirt

Hi all! This week has been such a busy week for me that I didn't get to properly plan and think about my next blog post. I've decided to make this one a short update/lifestyle one where I include an Outfit of the Day.

Grey tee (YesStyle), black blazer (Free Fusion), burgundy maxi skirt and bow belt (from Eleanor)

Eleanor of "Shameless Quirks" (whom I got to meet up with at the Melbourne Bloggers Meet!) had a pre-loved clothes blog sale and that was where I made my first ever maxi skirt purchase. I was so excited to receive it and try it on because it looked gorgeous on her. And for only $10, it was a steal :3 I loved how she included the bow belt - it goes so well with it!

Credit: Eleanor @ Shameless-Quirks

She's actually going to be selling pre-loved clothes and more along with Melody (Melludee) and Sue (en-ce-moment) tomorrow morning at the Camberwell Market! If only I resided in Melbourne or was there again :( I would totally go and visit them at their stall!!

Anyway, I decided to wear the maxi skirt because it was quite a chilly day (quite odd for summer) when I went out to catch up with a friend over coffee.

This was good but yep... still missing the Starbucks :/

One of my favourite shops in Chinatown is Kawaii which is divided in two sections - one side sells items where everything is $2.80 which I guess is a mini Daiso. Actually it's not even half the size of Daiso :(

They also have a small range of Japanese snacks which may be more or less than $2.80. I grabbed these Rilakkuma sticks for $1.50... only because the packaging was so cute ^^

 They're ok haha, I think they're vanilla-flavoured

However the other half of the store sells most Japanese cosmetics, magazine, skincare products, accessories and more! There is even a Jill Stuart collection locked up in a glass cabinet and it looks so pretty T__T I want it all!

Unfortunately I wasn't able to take a picture of it while being subtle about it. I just know that sales assistants get annoyed when customers take photos inside their store. Though I did manage to take a few sneaky ones lol.

So sorry for the bad quality >< Being sneaky isn't easy!

Dolly Wink range *_* I would much rather buy online though... these are overpriced!

I found it cool how they have a Japanese tutorial video playing of how to use these double eyelid fibres

On Thursday I played tennis for the very first time! Not competitively though, just for fun and to get a feel for what it's like to serve and hit the ball. The poor boyfriend had to put up with my noob skills and unco-ness xD But thankfully he said that he would like to play tennis with me again some time!

Afterwards we went to eat at a nearby cafe and I had something quite yummy and refreshing:

 Can't go wrong with a warm chicken and crispy bacon salad!

I seriously can't believe that it's February already and I'll be heading back to uni in a month's time. Am I looking forward to it? Yes and no, but mostly yes. No because of the stress and lack of sleep but yes because I am looking forward to seeing my friends who I haven't caught up with in the holidays and... the fact that I will be starting another degree. This means that I will finish the one that I have been studying (in my final year now) and then start the next one the following year. I will graduate with two separate degrees! I was supposed to officially graduate from uni next year but it looks like I'll be staying for at least another three! Commerce, here I come :) And cheers for the offer.

That's about it for my 'life update'. Not sure if these types of posts are interesting or worth reading; though I must say that they remind me a lot of when I first started blogging back in '08 with my daily non-beauty/fashion-related recounts.

Hope you're all well and thanks for reading~

 Jen xx
 

14 comments:

  1. I like personal blog entries. Allows me to understand you better.
    Oh, the maxi skirt looks gorgeous on you! :D

    How come you're starting a new degree? Is there a reason for that? If it's too personal, don't worry. You don't need to answer it. I'm just curious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marie! Thanks for the feedback :)
      It's not too personal but I'll Whatsapp you about it just in case you don't come back here to read my answer

      Delete
  2. You look gorgeous in the skirt! Love the colour :) the market was not bad today although it was raining buckets for over half the time so we were all soaked :(
    Congrats on being offered Commerce! My uni doesn't offer double degrees anymore so I'm just doing single degree in Commerce too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nawww that sucks about the weather :(
      Thank you Sue ^^

      Delete
  3. that salad looks so good! I want to eat one now :p

    So lucky Adelaide still has places that sell asian makeup and hair dye... Unfortunately Perth does not! It's very very sad :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha agreed xD
      Naww really?? They definitely should open one!! D:

      Delete
  4. Rows and rows of Japanese cosmetics and hair dye. Heaven zone. How much more expensive is Dolly Wink in Australia? I enjoy your 'life' updates. Keep them comin'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that's heaven zone! All the Japanese hair dyes and cosmetics. Your 'life' segment bit is enjoyable. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh you look gorgeous in the maxi skirt!!
    And eesh, Melb has so many of those Asian stores but everythinggggggg is overpriced :T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Melody :)
      Ah yeah I went to a few there in town... they're so pretty inside but overpriced :( Such a shame!

      Delete
  7. So what is the first degree will you be graduating with? :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I really appreciate your feedback and if there are any questions I'll try my best to reply asap ❤

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...