Sunday, July 31, 2011

My First Bloggers Meetup!

Hello hello ^_^ so I'm back after my first week of uni for the second semester and it was pretty chilled - I think I'm liking second semester more than the first! I'm all energised from the holidays and ready to take on anything that comes at me (note that I didn't say everything, lol). Semester two, come at me bro. I have at least two 1-hour breaks each day which means less running around and rushing to the next tutorial or lecture, and this also means that I can fill myself up during the day instead of having to wait a few hours until I can eat xD I remember feeling super hungry last semester when I had 3 lectures in a row T_T

Enough about uni talk. To keep up to date with my daily life and ramblings you can check out my Twitter - there's plenty of that there :D

Today's weather was absolutely beautiful without a cloud in the sky and a perfect day for bloggers to meet. I had the opportunity to meet some fellow beauty bloggers and I was very excited for this because this was my first time meeting any blogger in person! Talking to someone online and then seeing them in person is different, in a cool way - especially if you haven't heard them speak before =]

I'm so glad to be a beauty blogger in my city because there's a beauty bloggers meetup once every month, so there's always something for us bloggers to look forward to each month. Unfortunately I wasn't able to attend the previous meetups which was a shame but I was happy that I could make it to today's meet. Despite there being only a few of us since many couldn't make it today, I still had a really great time with the girls (and boy).

This month's ABBM (Adelaide Beauty Bloggers Meetups) was at a café called Scoozi and we ended up eating pizza for lunch. I was about 5-10 minutes late due to a traffic hold up (roadworks I think -_-) and not being able to locate it correctly when I was walking to the venue lol. I walked straight past it without realising!


I will list the three lovely girls that I met today. We didn't get any group shots but there'll definitely be a next time for that haha:


I wish I could have also met the other wonderful beauty bloggers who reside in Adelaide but for a first blogger face-to-face meet, it's probably better to start out small, you know? As an introverted person, it's hard for me to open up when there are a lot of people around so today was great for me to become familiar with these types of meets and get comfy!


I think it's time to show some photos, yeah? I'm not used to seeing so much text together like this on my blog posts!


I was so hungry that I could have digged in and started eating away after the waiter gave us our food xD I forgot about taking pictures of the food until I saw Jeneara and Celeste getting out their cameras and taking pictures!

Did you think the above picture was it? Nup, we ordered two pizzas :) This one was nicer in my opinion. I love my meat, especially lamb

After we were done with eating, we cleared the table to make room for our swap items! In case you're not familiar with swaps, basically we just bring along some beauty items which are still in good condition but wouldn't mind letting them become someone else's possessions.

And behind the table you can see Jeneara and Celeste's elbows x) They're taking pictures too obviously!

It looks like quite a lot considering there were only a few of us =)

The process of the swap went smoothly, we'd all just randomly pick out an item and have a look/read/swatch and put it aside if it was something we wanted. It was interesting to discover new products that I hadn't seen before.

Other people at the café probably were wondering what on earth we were doing but I didn't notice any strange or weird looks from anyone :] For the swap I brought 6 items and left with 10 items! I was happy with what I picked out, here's a picture:

I'm pretty sure I took at least one item from everyone who contributed to the swap! Yay

Thanks guys for bring along your items, I'm looking forward to testing them all out. I ended up getting lots of foundation, just what I needed :D When I was getting ready for ABBM, I was putting on my foundation and I realised that I needed more foundation as my one and only foundation was near its end. Now I have 3 bottles of foundation, 1 stick foundation and one powder foundation haha ♥ I'm excited about trying the cheek/lip tint I picked up since I haven't used one before. Also looking forward to trying out the cucumber and pomegranate face masks and the Shu Uemura powder foundation! Asian brand skin care and cosmetics ftw ^.^

Oh and with the items that no one took away were all placed into a bag. I thought that we'd take home what we brought if they're still available. Instead we joked about putting all of the items together as one big surprise goodie bag for someone xD There were 3 bottles of spray tan stuff lol!

Afterwards we left the café and made our way to Rundle Mall (mall in the CBD) which was only in walking distance. First place we headed off to was David Jones to pick up some Kiehl's samples as they were having this promotion on their Facebook page. We visited the counter and a lady spoke to us about the skincare products as well as their hair care products which I found to be quite interesting. We then looked around at other cosmetics and parted ways a while after.

The others had to leave which left me and Jeneara to roam around for a bit before heading home. I could've headed off home as the others left but I thought, I might as well spend some one on one time with a fellow blogger :) Get to know her a little more and all. I enjoyed the one on one hang out for a short time, it gave me another chance to open up hehe.

Here's a little outfit of the day to show you guys. It's been a while since I last showed one:

I'm wearing a vintage top with a peter pan collar (Google it if you don't know what I mean) and shoulder pads. On top I'm wearing a pinafore which keeps me warm and still shows the floral detail on my top. I got this brown duffle bag from Dotti for only $9.95! Sorry I couldn't show my shoes... next time.

Clearer image of my top

 Listening to K-pop while snapping pictures

It's actually my mum's top that she doesn't wear anymore since it's vintage style and that's not really her thing anymore. I've never worn vintage anything before so it was nice to experiment with my style. Usually I wouldn't dare to wear a top with shoulder pads but because these ones were soft and not very bulky, they were okay for me to wear in public.

I forgot to say that I kept my makeup pretty simple because it was only a day outing. Lined my top and bottom lashlines and waterlines with black eyeliner, curled my lashes and applied mascara. I only put on one shade of eyeshadow which was a taupe colour.

Soooo that's all to my sort-of brief recount of my first blogger meet up. I had lots of fun and I can't wait for our next meet! Biggest thanks to Celeste for being the one to have started these blog meetups, we simply can't thank you enough :D The next time I'll see these girls again and meet the others won't be at the next ABBM, instead it will be in exactly two weeks time when we have our first Beauty Conference! I am extremely excited for this because it will be an evening event and there's going to be more of us attending. If you want to know more about the Beauty Conference happening next month, here is the official site:

Cool to see my name on the attendees list, and check out all the sponsors :o I can't believe there are so many of them, including some of my favourite brands *_* The excitement for me continues to build as it gets closer to the date of this awesome event!

Blogging is very, very rewarding indeed. I had no idea that there were so many beauty bloggers in my city until these meets were arranged! It might be because we're not all around the same age group (I'm probably the youngest or one of the youngest) however age doesn't matter. We all have one thing in common besides living in the same city - we're all beauty bloggers! Hence it's not too hard for us to get a conversation going, thank goodness (:

Here's what I came home with from today's event:


That's it from me, thanks for reading! I know this is not like my usual beauty posts but this is still beauty-related ^_^ I wish I could meet many of you other bloggers around Australia and all over the world - that would be amazing.

Another beauty-related thing that I have to share is that I will be having a photoshoot on behalf of Face of Australia cosmetics. This again is another one of my firsts as I have never done any type of modelling or had anyone put makeup on my face. It's happening this coming Monday and I'm nervous yet excited for it. Face of Australia were looking for Blonde and Asian models in my city to model for their upcoming Look Book so I decided to express my interest. I think at the moment I am all for new experiences. This is only going to be a trial shoot as the makeup artist and photographer are not part of Face of Australia so they will not be choosing the models. It'll only be natural makeup shots and I'll be notified the day after whether or not I have been chosen as a model for the Look Book. Wish me luck! I'm not expecting to be one of the chosen ones, at the moment I'm just hoping for the trial shoot to go smoothly and well :) If I do get chosen though, I would feel ecstatic. Let's just see how I go, shall we? Hehe keep updated on my Twitter if you want to know how it all turns out.

Back to having questjens of the week as I am back to blogging once a week:

Have you ever met someone in person which you had only spoken to online?

It doesn't have to be a blogger, it could be a friend. I know the saying about not meeting strangers but I don't reckon that online friends such as bloggers are complete strangers. I think it can be okay to meet online friends in person (unless they are a total anonymous, then that's too suss for you to take the risk).

I'd also want to know who you've met online and then met in real-life. Have you met any bloggers before? I'm curious to know! This is a little off-topic but I'm also curious to know if you have met/seen any celebrities in real-life. Unfortunately I haven't met any so I don't know exactly what it would be like to be feel star-strucked *~*

See you next time. Until then, take care.

16 comments:

  1. aw this is so lovly! Wish theres a swap meetup here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I WANT TO MEET YOU JEN <3 <3 <3
    :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. is it just me? or you really gained weight? haha not really super duper but i think in your first pic you look chubby :P but nah still pretty as always. just a little different from the gyaru/ulzang ones you posted haha.

    P.S. the pizza look great. havent eaten lamb, wonder how it would taste.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Jel ♡ Gained weight? Errh no. I've had my hair cut short so it frames my face more, hence my face looks more round. Those previous pictures I had long hair and long hair slims your face. That's why it's different. Sorry I take offense to your question and comment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I wouldn't mind meeting you! But, yeah I've meet up with people I started out becoming friends with over the web, only one time I went to a different country and met one, she is/was just as kind and sweet to me as online, which only makes it better we live near each other now that I'm studying aboard <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, that looks like so much fun. :) I haven't met anyone online, but I have offline friends/family that started blogging around the same time I did lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Swaps look like so much fun! haha~ Bloggers and their pictures XD hahah~ I always have to take a picture of what I eat first when I go out! :D My friends all know it already~ hahaha the food looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How exciting and that's pretty cool you did a meet up and swap! I only swap by mail, but never did a meet up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So that's what ABBM stands for! I was on twitter thinking... O_O
    Ohmahgawd. I feel like some restaurant quality pizza now.
    You girls brought a lot of beauty products to swap! So generous! Now you can do reviews on the products your scored hehe~ I reckon I need the bottle of spray tan. My friend my tummy area is too white compared to the rest of my body :'(((((
    I likess your outfit! Peter Pan collars are totes in right now, and that bag is cute! I love borrowing clothes form my mom too.
    Oooo a photoshoot! Can't wait to see the photos! :O

    Anyway, I hope you have a lovely day. And until next time, take care!
    ♥ Ger bear

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh hunny! it was great to meet you!
    Thank you so much for walking and chating with me up and down rundle mall!

    I had a great time just chilling with you in the sun as we strolled!

    Can't wait for the Adelaide Beauty Conference!! 2 weeks and counting!!

    I meet a lot of people online as i cosplay at conventions and sell stuff. its always great to put a face to the name or blog. But sometimes it can be a surprise! also to hear their voice for the first time is always great!

    we have to catch up again soon!!
    Can't wait for ABC!!
    <3 Jen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Eeee! Meeting bloggers is so fun yeah? I WANT TO MEET EVERY SINGLE ONE O.O! ..eventually xP ahah and ahh do let us know how all the products go cos I'd love to know ! ^__^"

    And your outfit looks adorableee Jellyyy!

    AND PHOTOSHOOOTT! I HOPE THEY PICK YOU :DDDDDDDD ! <333

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hooray, I'm so glad you came!!! Thanks for coming and looking forward to meeting you again!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Meeting bloggers sounds fun!! ^^
    I think i'd shy away into meeting bloggers though since I'm not really a devoted blogger T-T" lol

    I met a close friend of mine on an online anime convention forum! The topic was "Love at first sight" and i saw a lot of girls mentioning my exboyfriend and swooning over him LOL! We added each other on msn because she had photos of me from the convention and we became so close after that XD <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree, meeting online friends in person is an awesome experience. You realize there's so much more to the people behind that great profile or blog. Thanks for sharing your experience, hopefully it encourages more people to do the same!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you very much for sharing information that will be much helpful for making coursework my effective.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I really appreciate your feedback and if there are any questions I'll try my best to reply asap ❤

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...